Sodium tauroglycocholate is a bile salt used to treat stomach upset problems such as indigestion, bloating, feeling of fullness, heartburn, stomach upsets after surgery etc.
How it works
Sodium tauroglycocholate belongs to the class of medications called as digestives. It works by improving overall digestive process and helps in absorption of fat and fat soluble vitamins from the food. It also increases movement of intestines thereby having mild laxative effect.
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Exercise caution when taking sodium tauroglycocholate as excessive consumption of pancreatic extracts may cause perianal soreness or may interfere with absorption of iron.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medication for current illness, since the two medications may hamper each other’s absorption.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sodium tauroglycocholate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patients with jaundice, sudden or long term swelling of gall bladder, sudden swelling or infection of pancreas.