Information about Sertindole
How sertindole works
Sertindole works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of sertindole
Dry mouth, Weight gain, Dizziness, Nasal congestion, Edema, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Decreased semen volume.
Available Medicine for SertindoleNo medicine available
Expert advice for Sertindole
- Tell your doctor if you have salt-water imbalance (low magnesium in blood), diabetes, parkinsonism (a clinical syndrome characterized by tremor, bradykinesia, rigidity, and postural instability), convulsions or fits.
- You will be checked for ECG before prescribing and while taking sertindole.
- You will be regularly monitored for magnesium and potassium levels, blood pressure, weight and blood sugar levels while on sertindole therapy.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking sertindole as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sertindole or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient with prolonged QT interval (a heart condition).
- Do not take if patient taking medicines that are known to prolong QT interval.
- Do not take if patient with severe cardiac or liver diseases.
- Do not take if patient with low level of potassium in blood (hypokalemia) which is not being treated.