Information about Satranidazole
Satranidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections.
How satranidazole works
Satranidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging the DNA.
Common side effects of satranidazole
No adverse reaction found
Available Medicine for Satranidazole
- ₹94 to ₹124Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Satranidazole
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- If you are using Satranidazole in a high dose or for a prolonged time, there is a risk of more side effects, like nerve damage.
- You should not drink alcohol during or for 48 hours after treatment. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache if you take it together.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.