Salbutamol / Albuterol
Information about Salbutamol / Albuterol
Salbutamol / albuterol uses
Salbutamol / Albuterol is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
How salbutamol / albuterol works
Salbutamol / albuterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of salbutamol / albuterol
Tremor, Headache, Restlessness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Palpitations
Available Medicine for Salbutamol / Albuterol
- ₹1 to ₹2FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹9Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Unimarck Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4 to ₹22Kee Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹9Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47GRAF Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹76Standard Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹13Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salbutamol / Albuterol
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the inhaler upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fibre-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an over active thyroid gland.
- Take special precaution if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
Frequently asked questions for Salbutamol / Albuterol
Salbutamol / Albuterol
Q. Is Salbutamol / Albuterol a steroid/ an antibiotic/ a cough syrup/ a betablocker/ contains steroid/ addictive/ a rescue inhaler?
Salbutamol / Albuterol (also available as Asthalin, Ventolin, Albuterol) is a beta receptor agonist used to prevent and treat wheezing, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and coughing caused by lung diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is a rescue inhaler for asthma. It is not a steroid or contains steroid or an antibiotic. It is not an addictive drug
Q. Does Salbutamol / Albuterol need prescription?
Yes. Salbutamol / Albuterol is available only by prescription
Q. Is Salbutamol / Albuterol safe/ safe for babies?
Salbutamol / Albuterol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Salbutamol / Albuterol cause drowsiness/ increased heart rate/ increase blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salbutamol / Albuterol may cause light headedness, increased heart rate or increased blood pressure; however it is not known to cause drowsiness or weight gain. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.