Information about Ropinirole
How ropinirole works
Ropinirole works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
Common side effects of ropinirole
Headache, Dizziness, Fainting, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Edema, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Dyspepsia, Hallucination, Confusion, Viral infection
Available Medicine for Ropinirole
- ₹52 to ₹268Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹79Icon Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹76Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹78Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹61Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹14Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹69D D Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ropinirole
- Do not use ropinirole, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ropinirole or any of the ingredients in the medicine.
- Patient taking ropinirole are advised to exercise caution while driving or operating machines as it can cause excessive sleepiness.
- Avoid taking ropinirole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Do not take ropinirole, if you have severe heart problems; serious mental health problem; experienced unusual urges (like excessive sexual behavior or gambling etc.); undergoing hormone replacement therapy.
Frequently asked questions for Ropinirole
Q. Is Ropinirole a controlled substance or addictive?
Ropinirole doesn't seem to have habit forming potential. It belongs to schedule H and is not controlled substance in India
Q. Is Ropinirole a mono amine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)/opiate/ narcotic/ pain killer/ muscle relaxer?
Ropinirole is not a mono amine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or opiate narcotic or pain killer or muscle relaxer. It has dopamine stimulant action and acts to stop urge to move limbs unnecessarily
Q. Is Ropinirole safe?
Ropinirole is safe when taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take Requip (ropinirole) with Ambien (Zolpidem)/ tramadol/ Vicodin (hydrocodone)/ ibuprofen/ Benadryl?
Using Ambien (zolpidem) or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) or tramadol together with Requip (ropinirole) may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Ibuprofen when taken with Requip (ropinirole) doesn't seem to produce any interactions
Q. Does Ropinirole cause weight gain/ constipation/ dry mouth/ sleepiness/ lower pain/ get you high?
Ropinirole may cause sleepiness but it doesn't cause weight gain, constipation and dry mouth. It doesn't seem to lower pain to get person high.