Information about Risedronate + Vitamin D3
Risedronate + Vitamin D3 Uses
Risedronate+Vitamin D3 is used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
How Risedronate + Vitamin D3 works
Risedronate + Vitamin D3 is a combination of two medicines: Risedronate and Vitamin D3 which treat osteoporosis. Risedronate is a bisphosphonate. It works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bone and minimizes the risk of fractures. Vitamin D3 helps protect your bones, both by increasing calcium absorption and by supporting muscles needed to avoid falls.
Common side effects of Risedronate + Vitamin D3
Headache, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Back pain, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Heartburn
Expert advice for Risedronate + Vitamin D3
- Risedronate + Vitamin D3 is prescribed for the treatment of osteoporosis.
- Drink plenty of water while taking this medicine.
- For at least 30 minutes after taking Risedronate + Vitamin D3:
- Do not lie down or recline.
- Do not take any other medicine including vitamins, calcium, iron, antacids, or laxatives.
- Along with taking Risedronate + Vitamin D3, maintain a healthy lifestyle, take a balanced diet, exercise (regular weight-bearing exercise) with your doctor's advice, and take proper measures to reduce the risk of falls.
- Let your doctor know if you’re taking additional iron or calcium supplements, as the absorption rate might be affected.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney problems, or if you have ever had kidney stones.