Information about Retapamulin
Retapamulin is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
How retapamulin works
Retapamulin stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
Common side effects of retapamulin
Available Medicine for Retapamulin
- ₹153Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Retapamulin
- Retapamulin is for external use only. It should not be applied in the eyes, on the mouth or lips, inside the nose or inside the female genital area. Wash with water if the ointment accidentally gets on to these areas and consult your doctor if you experience any discomfort.
- Stop using retapamulin if you notice worsening of the infection or develop increased redness, irritation or other signs and symptoms.
- Retapamulin is used only against bacterial infection. Do not apply for viral infections.
- Consult your doctor immediately if there is no improvement in your infection after two to three days of treatment.
- Do not apply other ointments, creams or lotions to the area being treated with retapamulin unless specifically instructed to do so by your doctor.
- Take precautions while using retapamulin as it may cause local skin reactions (contact dermatitis), or irritation of the eyes and mucous membranes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.