Information about Reboxetine
Reboxetine is used in the treatment of depression.
How reboxetine works
Reboxetine works in depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
Common side effects of reboxetine
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Dizziness, Constipation
Available Medicine for Reboxetine
- ₹30 to ₹87Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹30Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹34Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹49Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Reboxetine
- Reboxetine is not recommended for children and adolescents < 18 years of age.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you develop suicide-related behaviors and hostility (predominantly aggression, oppositional behavior and anger).
- Use reboxetine with caution if you are suffering from seizures (fits) and you should discontinue reboxetine if you develop seizures.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as reboxetine may make you feel dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Reboxetine
Q. Is Reboxetine an SSRI/ a stimulant/ good for anxiety?
Reboxetine is an antidepressant that belongs to class of medicines called norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. It is not a stimulant and it is used in acute treatment of depressive illness including major depression
Q. Does Reboxetine cause weight gain/ weight loss?
Reboxetine is not known to cause weight gain or loss. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use.