Information about Rasburicase
Rasburicase is used in the treatment and prevention of high blood levels of uric acid.
How rasburicase works
Rasburicase works by removing excess uric acid from the body, which is produced when cancer cells are destroyed during chemotherapy.
Common side effects of rasburicase
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Rash, Urticaria, Fever, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Rasburicase
- ₹16400 to ₹43270Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8100Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8800Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8800Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rasburicase
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reaction: swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other part of your body; shortness of breath, wheezing or breathing problems; rash, itching or hives.
- Discontinue taking rasburicase if you develop hemolysis (abnormal break down of blood) or methemoglobinemia (abnormal blood pigment levels).
- You may be monitored for uric acid level to decide the duration of treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Rasburicase
Q. Is Rasburicase a chemo drug/ cytotoxic?
No. Rasburicase is not a chemo or cytotoxic drug.