Information about Rasburicase
Rasburicase is used for high uric acid due to cancer treatment.
How rasburicase works
Rasburicase works by causing a reaction with an enzyme that turns uric acid into an inactive substance (allantoin) thereby reducing uric acid levels.
Common side effects of rasburicase
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Rash, Urticaria, Fever, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Rasburicase
- ₹16400 to ₹43270Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8800Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8100Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8800Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rasburicase
- Rasburicase lowers uric acid levels in the blood which helps prevent kidney damage in cancer patients.
- It is given in the hospital over a single 5 day period.
- Serious allergic reactions are rare. If you experience difficulty breathing, chest pain, swelling in the face and throat, itching, or dizziness/lightheadedness, tell your doctor right away.
Frequently asked questions for Rasburicase
Q. Is Rasburicase a chemo drug/ cytotoxic?
No. Rasburicase is not a chemo or cytotoxic drug.