Information about Ramosetron
How ramosetron works
Ramosetron inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Common side effects of ramosetron
Fatigue, Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Constipation
Available Medicine for Ramosetron
- ₹282Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹72Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ramosetron
- Take Ramosetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Ramosetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Ramosetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Ramosetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Ramosetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.