Ramosetron is used in vomiting
How it works
Ramosetron inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Common side effects
Fatigue, Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Flushing, Constipation
- Take Ramosetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Ramosetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Ramosetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Ramosetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Ramosetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.