Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Ramipril + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Ramipril+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How ramipril + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Ramipril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessels so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of ramipril + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Indigestion, Taste change, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Glucose intolerance, Increased uric acid level in blood, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Cough, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹122 to ₹240Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹118Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹296Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹165Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹119Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹105Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115Eris Lifesciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹230Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹93 to ₹101Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹99Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast, to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform you doctor about any cough, or throat irritation that doesn't go away.
- Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this medicine.
- Do not take Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide if you’re pregnant or planning pregnancy. It can cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.