Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Ramipril+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide works
Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Ramipril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessels so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Indigestion, Taste change, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Glucose intolerance, Increased uric acid level in blood, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Cough, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Cardace HSanofi India Ltd
₹134 to ₹2633 variant(s)
Ramcor-HIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹106 to ₹1292 variant(s)
₹89 to ₹3254 variant(s)
Hopace-HMicro Labs Ltd
₹104 to ₹1652 variant(s)
Macpril HMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹73 to ₹1302 variant(s)
Ramihart-HMankind Pharma Ltd
₹84 to ₹1152 variant(s)
Ramisave HEris Lifesciences Ltd
Zorem-HTIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹88 to ₹2303 variant(s)
₹102 to ₹1102 variant(s)
Hopecard-HAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹63 to ₹1042 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast, to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform you doctor about any cough, or throat irritation that doesn't go away.
- Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this medicine.
- Do not take Ramipril + Hydrochlorothiazide if you’re pregnant or planning pregnancy. It can cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.