Information about Racecadotril
Racecadotril is used in the treatment of diarrhea. It is used, when fluid and dietary measures are not sufficiently effective to control diarrhoea.
How Racecadotril works
Racecadotril has an anti-secretory effect. It reduces the secretion of water and electrolytes from the intestine. This helps to reduce the amount of fluid loss from the body in diarrhoea.
Common side effects of Racecadotril
Available Medicine for Racecadotril
RedotilDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹7 to ₹3214 variant(s)
ZedottTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹15 to ₹1754 variant(s)
EnuffHetero Drugs Ltd
₹9 to ₹986 variant(s)
RacigylMankind Pharma Ltd
₹10 to ₹432 variant(s)
RacedotMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹6 to ₹752 variant(s)
RalopSalud Care India Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹1203 variant(s)
CadotrilOrdain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd
₹146 to ₹1632 variant(s)
₹7 to ₹934 variant(s)
Loo ChekSeagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
Lee DottLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹18 to ₹1452 variant(s)
Expert advice for Racecadotril
- Racecadotril should be used together with an oral rehydration solution (ORS) to provide adequate fluid and electrolyte replacement.
- Don't use Racecadotril, if you have blood and pus in the stools or fever. This may be due to bacterial infection and may need different treatment.
- Not recommended to be taken more than 7 days.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Don't use Racecadotril, if you have uncontrolled vomiting.
- Don't use Racecadotril in children less than 3 months.
- Racecadotril sachet should be taken orally, directly or mixed with water. Make sure it is mixed well, and then give the total dose immediately to your child.