Information about Proparacaine
Proparacaine is used for Eye anesthesia.
How proparacaine works
Proparacaine works by blocking pain signals from the peripheral nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of proparacaine
Stinging in the eyes, Burning sensation in eye, Eye redness
Available Medicine for Proparacaine
- ₹47Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹65Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹43Salvador Visiontech1 variant(s)
- ₹60Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Pharmatak Opthalmics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Senses Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Proparacaine
- Proparacaine is commonly used to anesthetize the eye before cataract surgery or any other surgery in the eye.
- Usually 1-2 drops are sufficient to anesthetize the eye.
- Effect of Proparacaine lasts for up to half an hour.
Frequently asked questions for Proparacaine
Q. Is Proparacaine an amide or ester?
Proparacaine is an ester
Q. Does Proparacaine need to be refrigerated?
Yes, Proparacaine needs to be refrigerated at 2°-8°C (36°- 46°F)
Q. How long does Proparacaine last?
With a single drop, the onset of anesthesia usually begins within 30 seconds and persists for 15 to 20 minutes.