Propantheline is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm and increased sweating
How it works
Propantheline belongs to a class of drugs called anticholinergics. It works by relaxing the muscles of stomach, intestines, and bladder and also decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Common side effects
Nervousness, Increased sensitivity to light, Abdominal bloating, Loss of sense of taste, Blurred vision, Confusion, Constipation, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Headache, Insomnia, Stomach upset, Vomiting
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Take necessary precautions as propantheline may cause your eyes to become sensitive to sunlight.
- Use propantheline with caution if you are an elderly patient.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or during exercise or other activities because heatstroke may occur while you are taking propantheline due to decreased sweating.
- Drink plenty of water, maintain good oral hygiene and take necessary precautions to relieve dry mouth.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as propantheline may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking propantheline as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.