Information about Propantheline
Propantheline is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm, increased sweating and bed-wetting.
How Propantheline works
Propantheline belongs to a class of drugs called anticholinergics. It works by relaxing the muscles of stomach, intestines, and bladder and also decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach..
Common side effects of Propantheline
Limited data available
Available Medicine for Propantheline
Expert advice for Propantheline
- Propantheline helps treat excessive sweating, bed wetting in adults and gut disorders that involve muscle spasm.
- Take it at least an hour before each meal and at bedtime.
- It may cause drowsiness and blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Be cautious during hot weather and while exercising as it may increase the risk of you overheating and getting heat stroke.