Information about Propafenone
Propafenone is used in the treatment and prevention of arrhythmias.
How propafenone works
Propafenone is an anti-arrhythmic medication. It works by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm.
Common side effects of propafenone
Dizziness, Anxiety, Sleep disorder, Palpitations, Blurred vision, Headache, Visual disturbance, Breathlessness, Weakness, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Increased liver enzymes, Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Fever, Altered taste, Chest pain, Constipation
Available Medicine for Propafenone
- ₹238Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Propafenone
- You have been prescribed Propafenone to treat irregular heart rhythm.
- Do not start any medicine including prescription or over-the-counter medicines without informing your doctor, as they may alter Propafenone levels in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Please remind your doctor you are taking this medicine every time you visit him and ask him if the medicine can be stopped.
Frequently asked questions for Propafenone
Q. Is Propafenone a beta blocker/ blood thinner/ narcotic/statin/generic drug?
Propafenone is not beta blocker, blood thinner, narcotic or statin. It is a generic drug
Q. Does Propafenone affect blood pressure/make you tired?
Propafenone may cause low blood pressure and make you feel tired
Q. Does Propafenone cause weight gain/hair loss?
Propafenone does not cause weight gain or hair loss
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with Rythmol?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Rythmol (propafenone). But always consult your doctor before taking any medication with Propafenone
Q. Does Propafenone prolong QT interval?
Propafenone doesn't prolong QT interval.