Information about Pregabalin
How Pregabalin works
Pregabalin is an antiepileptic medication. When given for epilepsy, it is believed to work by reducing the abnormal electrical activity in the brain, thus preventing seizures. It is also used to treat nerve pain where it blocks pain by interfering with pain signals travelling through the damaged nerves and the brain. For treatment of anxiety, it is believed to work by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) that make you feel anxious.
Common side effects of Pregabalin
Blurred vision, Difficulty in paying attention, Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Edema (swelling), Sleepiness, Weight gain
Available Medicine for Pregabalin
₹884 to ₹11522 variant(s)
MaxgalinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹105 to ₹2836 variant(s)
PregalinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹98 to ₹2768 variant(s)
PregabidIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹107 to ₹3008 variant(s)
PregabaUnichem Laboratories Ltd
₹111 to ₹1714 variant(s)
PregebTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹153 to ₹2755 variant(s)
NeugabaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹155 to ₹2634 variant(s)
PbrenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹84 to ₹2164 variant(s)
GabawinIcon Life Sciences
₹59 to ₹1243 variant(s)
₹130 to ₹2533 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pregabalin
- Pregabalin should be taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- It may cause sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause blurring or loss of vision. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any vision changes.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may worsen your underlying condition.