Information about Potassium Chloride
Potassium chloride uses
Potassium Chloride is used in the treatment of potassium deficiency.
How potassium chloride works
Potassium Chloride provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects of potassium chloride
Nausea, Numbness, Tingling sensation, Allergic reaction, Cardiac toxicity, Chest pain, Anxiety, Confusion, Diarrhoea, Altered heart rate, Black and bloody stools, Muscle weakness, Muscle paralysiss, Stomach pain, Stomach swelling, Vomiting, Weakness
Available Medicine for Potassium Chloride
- ₹21Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹23Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108Mediart Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Potassium Chloride
- The concentration of intravenous infusion solution should not exceed 3.2 g (43 mmol)/l.
- Do not take potassium chloride if you have kidney, heart problems, high blood pressure or high blood potassium level.
- Avoid using potassium chloride, if you have Addison disease (adrenal gland disorder); severe tissue injury such as burn; severe dehydration, blockage of stomach or intestine or diarrhea from long time.
Frequently asked questions for Potassium Chloride
Q. Is potassium chloride a strong electrolyte?
Potassium chloride is a strong electrolyte
Q. Is potassium chloride safe?
Potassium chloride is safe if used as recommended
Q. Is potassium chloride a base?
Potassium chloride is not a base or acid, it is neutral with a PH value of 7.