Information about Posaconazole
Posaconazole is used in the treatment of severe fungal infections.
How posaconazole works
Posaconazole is an antifungal medication. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thereby treating your skin infection.
Common side effects of posaconazole
Headache, Vomiting, Cough, Nausea
Available Medicine for Posaconazole
- ₹20500MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6199 to ₹19890Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7993Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6000 to ₹19800Abbott2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Posaconazole
- Your doctor has prescribed Posaconazole to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time every day.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Posaconazole
Q. Is Posaconazole soluble or susceptible to hydrolysis?
Posaconazole is soluble but is not naturally susceptible to hydrolysis
Q. Is Posaconazole used as a prophylaxis?
Posaconazole may be used on doctor's recommendation for prophylaxis in cancer patients using chemotherapy since they are more susceptible to fungal infections
Q. Where is Posaconazole absorbed?
Posaconazole is absorbed in the gut.