Piribedil is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat and relieve the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. It is also used for treatment of memory impairment in the older patients, dizziness and circulatory disorders.
How it works
Piribedil belong to class of medications called selective dopaminergic agonist. It alters the chemical imbalance in the brain and relives the associated symptoms.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Drowsiness, Flatulence, Decreased body temperature, Movement disorder, Sleepiness
- 1 variant(s)
• Exercise precaution while taking piribedil if you have history of Raynaud’s disease (reduced blood flow to fingers and toes), psychological problem or kidney failure.
• You may be regularly monitored for any change in blood pressure and any side effects related to eye while on piribedil treatment.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as piribedil may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to piribedil or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with high blood pressure and recent heart attack or any heart disorders.
• Should not be given to patient with history of metabolic disorders such as fructose intolerance, glucose or galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
• Should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.