Piribedil is used in the treatment of parkinson's disease (a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement and balance)
How it works
Piribedil works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Flatulence
- ₹210Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
• Exercise precaution while taking piribedil if you have history of Raynaud’s disease (reduced blood flow to fingers and toes), psychological problem or kidney failure.
• You may be regularly monitored for any change in blood pressure and any side effects related to eye while on piribedil treatment.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as piribedil may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to piribedil or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with high blood pressure and recent heart attack or any heart disorders.
• Should not be given to patient with history of metabolic disorders such as fructose intolerance, glucose or galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
• Should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.