Information about Piribedil
Piribedil is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
How piribedil works
Piribedil works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to regulate the activity of the brain.
Common side effects of piribedil
Headache, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Feeling of discomfort
Available Medicine for Piribedil
- ₹210Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Piribedil
- You have been prescribed Piribedil to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Inform your doctor if you develop compulsive behaviors that are hard to control, such as regular eating, gambling, spending money, and sexual urges.
- Piribedil can make you very sleepy. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Regular blood pressure monitoring should be done during the course of treatment with Piribedil.
- Inform your doctor if you experience blood pressure instability or disturbance.
Frequently asked questions for Piribedil
Q. What should I tell my doctor before starting Piribedil?
Inform the doctor about all the medicines that you are taking before starting Piribedil. Also, this medicine contains sucrose so if you have glucose metabolism disorder (such as diabetes) let your doctor know.
Q. Can I take Piribedil if I have heart or blood pressure problem?
You should consult your doctor if you have any heart trouble or blood pressure problem. However, patients with heart attack and serious heart problems should not take Piribedil.
Q. What are the overdosage symptoms of Piribedil?
The symptoms of overdosage with Piribedil include decrease or increase in blood pressure, nausea, and vomiting. These symptoms disappear on discontinuation of administration and with symptomatic treatment. However, Piribedil when taken at high doses causes excessive vomiting hence cases of overdose are unlikely. If in case you experience any such symptoms contact doctor and seek immediate medical help.
Q. Is it safe to drive while taking Piribedil?
Piribedil may cause excessive sleepiness or sudden sleeping fits. Therefore, you should know how Piribedil affects you and avoid driving or using heavy machinery if it makes you sleepy.