Phytomenadione is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies
How it works
Phytomenadione provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects
Noisy breathing, Abdominal cramp, Anaphylactic reaction, Cough, Diarrhoea, Shortness of breath, Injection site reaction, Nausea, Sneezing, Vomiting
- ₹16 to ₹180Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹45DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹83Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- Do not take phytomenadione tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to phytomenadione or any of the other ingredients of phytomenadione formulation.
- Do not use phytomenadione if you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency (disorder in which the red blood cells are destroyed faster leading to anemia).
- Do not use it as antidote for heparin.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is phytomenadione used for?
Phytomenadione is used to treat bleeding (hemorrhage or threatened hemorrhage), associated with a low blood level of prothrombin or factor VII
Q. How does phytomenadione work?
It works by preventing the bleeding after the use of blood thinning medications (anticoagulants).