Information about Phenylephrine
Phenylephrine is used in common cold symptoms.
How phenylephrine works
Phenylephrine is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provides temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Common side effects of phenylephrine
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache
Available Medicine for Phenylephrine
- ₹231Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹248Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹47FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹210Molekule India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹40Aurolab2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Phenylephrine
- Oral phenylephrine should be taken with food
- Phenylephrine can make you restless, so don't take it too close to bedtime
- Do not use this medicine without doctor's advice if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Smoking may worsen the effect; therefore use of tobacco should be avoided.
Frequently asked questions for Phenylephrine
Q. Is Phenylephrine an antibiotic/a stimulant/an NSAID/ does Phenylephrine work/ does Phenylephrine makes your nose run/ does Phenylephrine has aspirin in it?
Phenylephrine is not an antibiotic, stimulant, NSAID, but a decongestant and is used to relieve blocked nose. Phenylephrine works for most of the patients if taken as recommended. It does not have aspirin in it
Q. Can i take phenylephrine with ibuprofen/pseudoephedrine/citalopram/Nyquil/ acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ Zyrtec/ Flonase/ Advil?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor’s advice before taking any medicine with phenylephrine
Q. Can i take Phenylephrine with high blood pressure?
Do not take Phenylephrine with high blood pressure
Q. Is Phenylephrine the same as Sudafed?
No, Phenylephrine is not same as Sudafed which contains pseudoephedrine.