How it works
Common side effects
- Do not take phenazopyridine for more than 2 days without consulting your doctor.
- Phenazopyridine should be taken after meals.
- Do not take phenazopyridine if you are allergic to phenazopyridine or any other ingredient of the medicine.
- Do not take phenazopyridine if you have kidney problems or history of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency or other blood disorders.
- Avoid using phenazopyridine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is phenazopyridine a narcotic, antibiotic?
Phenazopyridine is not a narcotic or antibiotic
Q.Does phenazopyridine contain penicillin?
It does not contain penicillin
Q.Does phenazopyridine treat urinary tract infection?
Does not treat urinary tract infection
Q.Does phenazopyridine clean your system?
Does not clean the system. Phenazopyridine relieves the symptoms of urinary tract infection
Q.Is phenazopyridine the same as azo?
Azo and Azo-standard is the brand name of phenazopyridine
Q.Is phenazopyridine a blood thinner?
Phenazopyridine is not a blood thinner
Q.Is phenazopyridine over the counter?
Phenazopyridine is available over the counter
Q.Is phenazopyridine gluten free?
Phenazopyridine is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does phenazopyridine affect birth control?
The effect of birth control tablets may decrease when taken with phenazopyridine
Q.Does phenazopyridine affect urinalysis or urinary tract infection test?
Phenazopyridine may affect urinalysis or urinary tract infection test
Q.Does phenazopyridine make you sleepy?
Phenazopyridine may cause sleepiness.