Information about Pertactin
Pertactin is used to prevent pertussis.
How pertactin works
Pertactin is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections.
Common side effects of pertactin
Available Medicine for PertactinNo medicine available
Expert advice for Pertactin
- For DPT vaccine, always follow the compulsory schedule of 5 doses starting from 6 weeks age of the child.
- Tell your doctor, if your child has any disease which reduces ability to fight infections and/or receiving treatment with steroids, chemotherapy, or radiotherapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after the injection, as the combination vaccines may cause dizziness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe allergic reaction such as tightness in chest, difficulty breathing, fainting, fits, tingling or weakness in hands and feet, severe and persistent swelling, redness and pain on injection site.
- Do not take if allergic to pertactin, any of the components of the combination vaccines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with acute severe illness with high fever.
- Do not take if having a history of severe allergic reaction after vaccination with any vaccine component.
- Do not take in case of children if suffering with a history of brain infection (encephalopathy) of unknown cause, occurring within 7 days following previous vaccination with a pertussis containing vaccine.
- Do not take if suffering with brain disease, fits, or any disease related to nervous system.