Information about Pentazocine
Pentazocine is used for moderate to severe pain.
How pentazocine works
Pentazocine is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception.
Common side effects of pentazocine
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Pentazocine
- ₹5 to ₹67Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Indus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3Verve Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Paksons Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹32Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pentazocine
- Use Pentazocine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Pentazocine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Pentazocine
Q. Is there anything I need to be careful about while on therapy with Pentazocine?
Pentazocine may cause drowsiness and dizziness, especially in the beginning of the treatment. Do not drive or work with tools or machinery if your alertness is affected. It is not advisable to drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it might increase sleepiness.