Information about Pentazocine
Pentazocine is used for moderate to severe pain.
How pentazocine works
Pentazocine is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of pentazocine
Sweating, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Edema, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Anemia, Constipation
Available Medicine for Pentazocine
- ₹5 to ₹67Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹4Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹4Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pentazocine
- Use Pentazocine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Pentazocine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Pentazocine
Q. Is Pentazocine a narcotic/ an opiate/ a controlled substance?
Pentazocine is a narcotic opioid analgesic. It is a controlled substance
Q. Is pentazocine naloxone an opiate/ a narcotic?
Pentazocine naloxone contains 2 medications, pentazocine and naloxone. Pentazocine is a narcotic pain reliever (opiate-type). Naloxone counteracts the effect of opiate active ingredient in it and helps to prevent misuse of this product
Q. Is Pentazocine like/ stronger than hydrocodone?
Pentazocine and hydrocodone belong to same category of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of moderate to severe pain, Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does pentazocine have codeine in it?
No, it doesn't contain codeine. It is a narcotic opioid analgesic
Q. How long does Pentazocine stay in system?
Pentazocine is absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract; following administration by mouth, peak plasma concentrations are reached in 1-3 hours and the half-life is reported to be 2-3 hours, but it can be detected in urine from 1-3 days.