Penfluridol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia
How it works
Penfluridol works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
Common side effects
Dystonia, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Akathisia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism
- ₹140Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Linux Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹299Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Use with caution if you are at risk of formation of blood clots in the brain leading to interrupted blood supply and elderly patients suffering from memory loss.
- Tell your doctor, if you have family history of blood clotting disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from recurrent fits, or heart, liver, or kidney disease
- In order to detect any cardiac problem, your doctor may record an electrocardiogram (heart tracing).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained fever, pallor or profuse sweating during penfluridol treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery during penfluridol therapy as it may cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with Penfluridol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant.