Information about Pefloxacin
Pefloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How pefloxacin works
Pefloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of pefloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Pefloxacin
- ₹41Profess Health Products P Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹144Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹19Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹45Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹223Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹51Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹24Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pefloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Pefloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Pefloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.