Para aminosalicylic acid
Information about Para aminosalicylic acid
Para aminosalicylic acid uses
How para aminosalicylic acid works
Para aminosalicylic acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects of para aminosalicylic acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Para aminosalicylic acidNo medicine available
Expert advice for Para aminosalicylic acid
- Tell your doctor if you have liver problems, kidney problems, ulcers of the stomach or intestine, problems related to poor absorption of nutrients or any viral infection (e.g. Flu, chickenpox).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rash, fever, persistent nausea or vomiting, or abdominal pain within 3 months of para-aminosalicylic acid treatment.
- Do not take if allergic to para-aminosalicylic acid or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children if suffering with a viral infection (such as flu or chickenpox).
- Do not take if suffering with severe kidney disease.