Para aminosalicylic acid
Para aminosalicylic acid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and tuberculosis (TB)
How it works
Para aminosalicylic acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects
Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Vomiting, Constipation
- ₹308Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you have liver problems, kidney problems, ulcers of the stomach or intestine, problems related to poor absorption of nutrients or any viral infection (e.g. Flu, chickenpox).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rash, fever, persistent nausea or vomiting, or abdominal pain within 3 months of para-aminosalicylic acid treatment.
- Do not take if allergic to para-aminosalicylic acid or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children if suffering with a viral infection (such as flu or chickenpox).
- Do not take if suffering with severe kidney disease.