Para aminosalicylic acid
How it works
Para aminosalicylic acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
- ₹44Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹338Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you have liver problems, kidney problems, ulcers of the stomach or intestine, problems related to poor absorption of nutrients or any viral infection (e.g. Flu, chickenpox).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rash, fever, persistent nausea or vomiting, or abdominal pain within 3 months of para-aminosalicylic acid treatment.
- Do not take if allergic to para-aminosalicylic acid or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children if suffering with a viral infection (such as flu or chickenpox).
- Do not take if suffering with severe kidney disease.