Information about Pancreatin
Pancreatin is used in the treatment of pancreatic enzyme deficiency.
How pancreatin works
Pancreatin is a pancreatic enzyme supplement. It mixes thoroughly with food and helps in digestion.
Common side effects of pancreatin
Stomach pain, Abdominal bloating, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Pancreatin
- ₹329 to ₹1012Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹190 to ₹492Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹109Piramal Healthcare Limited6 variant(s)
- ₹478Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹102Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹123Piramal Healthcare Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹431Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹300Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹769Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹215Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pancreatin
- You have been prescribed Pancreatin for the treatment of pancreatic enzyme deficiency.
- They lower stool frequency and improve stomach pain and stool consistency.
- Take it during or immediately after a meal or a snack as per your doctor’s advice and drink plenty of water.
- It can cause mouth irritation. Swallow the medicine completely. Do not chew, crush, or hold it in your mouth.
- Tell your doctor if you experience severe or long-lasting abdominal pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for Pancreatin
Q. What is the composition of Pancreatin?
Pancreatin is a mixture of three digestive enzymes: amylase, lipase, and protease. These enzymes help in digesting food.