Information about Oxytetracycline
Oxytetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How oxytetracycline works
Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of oxytetracycline
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Oxytetracycline
- ₹3 to ₹23Pfizer Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹8Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹24Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹107Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹194Star Plus Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹30Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹181Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxytetracycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Oxytetracycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take Oxytetracycline with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not take calcium, antacids or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Oxytetracycline.
- Discontinue Oxytetracycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Oxytetracycline
Q. Is oxytetracycline is same as tetracycline?
No, both the drugs are different
Q. Can I take oxytetracycline for cystitis/tonsillitis/gum infection?
Oxytetracycline can be taken for cystitis and gum infection but not in case of tonsillitis. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does oxytetracycline cause weight gain?
No, it doesn't cause weight gain. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q. Does oxytetracycline affect the contraceptive implant?
No, oxytetracycline doesn't affect contraceptive implants.