Information about Oxytetracycline
Oxytetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Oxytetracycline works
Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Oxytetracycline
Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Oxytetracycline
₹3 to ₹226 variant(s)
Oxy Dihydrate LAPfizer Ltd
₹135 to ₹1802 variant(s)
Oxytetracycline AFPfizer Ltd
Oxytetracylin LAPfizer Ltd
OxyteracinJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Oxytetra WockWockhardt Ltd
EcomycinStar Plus Pharmaceuticals
T MPfizer Ltd
₹8 to ₹112 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxytetracycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Oxytetracycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Oxytetracycline affects you.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Oxytetracycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.