Information about Oxcarbazepine
Oxcarbazepine is used in the treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures.
How Oxcarbazepine works
Oxcarbazepine is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Oxcarbazepine
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Dizziness, Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement), Tremors, Vertigo, Drowsiness, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Abnormal gait, Visual disturbance
Available Medicine for Oxcarbazepine
OxetolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹33 to ₹21410 variant(s)
ZenoxaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹79 to ₹39812 variant(s)
OleptalTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹91 to ₹4429 variant(s)
VinlepSanofi India Ltd
₹106 to ₹3745 variant(s)
TrioptalNovartis India Ltd
₹87 to ₹3595 variant(s)
SelzicSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹65 to ₹34410 variant(s)
₹46 to ₹23310 variant(s)
₹36 to ₹1918 variant(s)
₹69 to ₹2424 variant(s)
CarboxMicro Labs Ltd
₹65 to ₹2183 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxcarbazepine
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may increase the risk of low sodium levels in the blood. Inform your doctor if you develop difficulty concentrating, memory problems, confusion, weakness, and unsteadiness.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.