Information about Oxazepam
How oxazepam works
Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of oxazepam
Altered libido, Dizziness, Lethargy, Nausea, Rash, Slurred speech, Tremor
Available Medicine for Oxazepam
- ₹89 to ₹199Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹67 to ₹124Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹77Bondane Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹13Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50Talin Remedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxazepam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.
Frequently asked questions for Oxazepam
Q. Is Oxazepam a benzodiazepine or a narcotic?
Oxazepam belongs to benzodiazepine group of medicines and it is not a narcotic
Q. Is Oxazepam addictive?
Yes, Oxazepam is addictive. If used more than 4 weeks without a break, there is a risk of becomingdependent or of having problems when you stop taking
Q. Is oxazepam a metabolite of diazepam/clonazepam?
Yes, oxazepam is a metabolite of diazepam but not of clonazepam
Q. Can I take oxazepam with mirtazapine/ Zoloft/ tramadol/ diazepam/ antibiotics?
Oxazepam may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q. Is Oxazepam the same as valium/Xanax?
Oxazepam and valium/Xanax, all belong to same class of medicines called benzodiazepines, and have similar effect on brain. However, consult your doctor for specific indications of each medicine
Q. Does Oxazepam lower blood pressure/ cause weight loss or weight gain / make you sleepy/ get you high/ cause diarrhea?
Oxazepam may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment with Oxazepam.