Information about Oxazepam
How Oxazepam works
Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Oxazepam
Altered libido, Dizziness, Lethargy, Nausea, Rash, Slurred speech, Tremor
Available Medicine for Oxazepam
AnxozapSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹97 to ₹2183 variant(s)
ZaxpamIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹67 to ₹1243 variant(s)
₹8 to ₹122 variant(s)
AzenapConsern Pharma Limited
₹75 to ₹1653 variant(s)
₹77 to ₹1503 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxazepam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.