Information about Oseltamivir Phosphate
Oseltamivir Phosphate Uses
Oseltamivir Phosphate is used in the treatment and prevention of influenza (flu). It is also used in the treatment of H1N1 influenza (Swine flu). It would be advised by your doctor when you have symptoms of influenza (flu) or if there is influenza virus outbreak in your community.
How Oseltamivir Phosphate works
Oseltamivir Phosphate is a neuraminidase inhibitor. It inhibits neuraminidase (influenza virus enzyme) that helps the viruses to enter into uninfected cells of the body to cause or spread influenza infection in the body. This is how it works against the virus to treat influenza (flu).
Common side effects of Oseltamivir Phosphate
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Chills, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Upper respiratory tract infection, Sinus inflammation, Otitis media (infection of ear), Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways), Herpes virus infection, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Oseltamivir Phosphate
₹726 to ₹7642 variant(s)
FluvirHetero Drugs Ltd
₹275 to ₹5703 variant(s)
NatfluNatco Pharma Ltd
StarfluStrides shasun Ltd
OlsivirGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
OsltazYester Pharma Pvt Ltd
FenvirANT Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
OselfluSentosa Geigy (India) Labs Limited
Expert advice for Oseltamivir Phosphate
- Oseltamivir Phosphate helps in the treatment and prevention of flu.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the symptoms of flu to come back.
- Take it as soon as possible, ideally within two days of starting of flu symptoms.
- Take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
- It is not a substitute for flu vaccination. You might be prescribed both by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any changes in mood or behaviour, especially in children and adolescents.