Information about Oseltamivir
Oseltamivir is used in the treatment and prevention of swine flu (h1n1).
How oseltamivir works
Oseltamivir kills the virus by blocking the chemicals required for its growth. Thus stops the virus from spreading in the body.
Common side effects of oseltamivir
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea.
Available Medicine for Oseltamivir
- ₹475Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹238 to ₹520Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹457Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹461Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oseltamivir
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to oseltamivir or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take oseltamivir, if you have kidney problems, chronic heart disease, or respiratory problems; or serious medical condition that requires hospitalization.
- Avoid using oseltamivir, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel dizzy after taking the medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience mood or behavioral changes while taking the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Oseltamivir
Q. Can I take oseltamivir for cold, sinus infection, or sore throat?
Oseltamivir is not indicated for common cold, sinus infection, or sore throat. It is indicated for symptoms of influenza viral infection
Q. Is oseltamivir an antibiotic or a sulfa drug?
Oseltamivir is an anti-influenza drug. It is not an antibiotic or sulfa drug
Q. Can I take oseltamivir with Tylenol, Nyquil, amoxicillin, ibuprofen, Mucinex, or azithromycin?
Oseltamivir can be taken with Tylenol (paracetamol), Nyquil (paracetamol, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, amoxicillin, ibuprofen, Mucinex, or azithromycin only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is oseltamivir available or sold over the counter?
No. Oseltamivir is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Can I take oseltamivir with antibiotics?
Oseltamivir may be taken with antibiotics only if prescribed by the doctor. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Is oseltamivir safe?
Yes. Oseltamivir is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does oseltamivir cause high blood pressure?
Oseltamivir is not expected to cause high blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.