Information about Ornidazole
Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
How Ornidazole works
Ornidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Common side effects of Ornidazole
Sleepiness, Tiredness, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Vertigo, Tremor, Skin reaction, Numbness of extremity
Available Medicine for Ornidazole
OrnigreatMankind Pharma Ltd
DazolicSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹49 to ₹1122 variant(s)
ClorniGroup Pharmaceuticals Ltd
OrnigylJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
OnizStadmed Pvt Ltd
OrnimaxObsurge Biotech Ltd
RamordRamose Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ornidazole
- Ornidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Ornidazole used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.