Information about Neomycin Topical
Neomycin topical uses
Neomycin Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
How neomycin topical works
Neomycin topical is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of neomycin topical
Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin redness, Eye infection, Skin rash, Fever
Available Medicine for Neomycin Topical
- ₹48Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Leeford Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Universal Twin Labs1 variant(s)
- ₹13Universal Twin Labs1 variant(s)
- ₹3Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Neomycin Topical
- Avoid direct contact of cream/ ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 7 days of use.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to neomycin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Neomycin Topical
Q. Does neomycin expire?
Yes. The expiry date is provided on the ointment tube
Q. Does neomycin topical cover pseudomonas?
No, neomycin topical is not effective against pseudomonas
Q. Does neomycin contain penicillin?
No, neomycin does not contain penicillin. It belongs to a group of drugs called aminoglycosides
Q. Does neomycin cause tinnitus?
Neomycin is known to cause damage to the ear. One of the symptoms of damage to ear is tinnitus.