Information about Natamycin
Natamycin is used in the treatment of fungal infections of eye.
How Natamycin works
Natamycin is an antifungal medication. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane.
Common side effects of Natamycin
Available Medicine for Natamycin
NatametSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
NataforceMankind Pharma Ltd
NatacinEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ZonatSunways India Pvt Ltd
MyconatOptho Pharma Pvt Ltd
NatakPharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd
NataaidNri Vision Care India Limited
NatasolSenses Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ElmycinElder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Natamycin
- Natamycin should be used as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Remove contact lenses before using Natamycin and allow at least 15 minutes before re-inserting them.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- Consult your doctor if the symptoms get worse or do not get better within 2 weeks of treatment.