Information about Nalbuphine
Nalbuphine is used for pain.
How nalbuphine works
Nalbuphine decreases the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of nalbuphine
Sweating, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Lightheadedness, Dry mouth, Nausea, Edema, Fatigue, Anemia, Constipation, Sedation.
Available Medicine for Nalbuphine
- ₹37 to ₹57Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹265Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹60Rusan Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nalbuphine
- Do not take nalbuphine more than recommended duration as advised by your doctor as it may be habit-forming.
- Use nalbuphine with caution as sudden discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms: anxiety, stomach cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, fever, runny nose, skin rashes, rapid heartbeat, tremors, sweating, restlessness,and trouble sleeping.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as nalbuphine may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking nalbuphine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Use nalbuphine with caution if your child is <18 years.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Nalbuphine
Q. Is nalbuphine a narcotic/ controlled substance?
Nalbuphine belongs to class of medicines called synthetic opioid analgesics. It is not a narcotic or controlled substance.