Information about Naftopidil
Naftopidil is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How naftopidil works
Naftopidil is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of naftopidil
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
Available Medicine for Naftopidil
- ₹90 to ₹119Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Naftopidil
- Naftopidil helps in relieving only the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't decrease the size of the prostate.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks before you experience complete relief in your symptoms. Tell your doctor if there is no improvement after 4 weeks.
- Naftopidil may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded, or weak, especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Take special precaution if you have to drive, use machines or do any activity that needs alertness.
- If you're undergoing eye surgery due to cataract or Glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Naftopidil.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.