Information about Naftopidil
Naftopidil is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How naftopidil works
Naftopidil is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of naftopidil
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
Available Medicine for Naftopidil
- ₹90 to ₹119Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Naftopidil
- Naftopidil helps in relieving only the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't decrease the size of the prostate.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks before you experience complete relief in your symptoms. Tell your doctor if there is no improvement after 4 weeks.
- Don't stop taking Naftopidil suddenly. Talk to your doctor first.
- Avoid standing up suddenly from sitting or lying position as you may feel dizzy, lightheaded, and fainting may occur. Naftopidil is best taken at bedtime to avoid these problems.
- Naftopidil can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take special precaution if you have to drive, use machines or do any activity that needs alertness.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any surgery like cataract surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney or liver disease.
- Naftopidil is not meant to be used by women