Information about Naftopidil
Naftopidil is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How naftopidil works
Naftopidil is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of naftopidil
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
Available Medicine for Naftopidil
- ₹45 to ₹119Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Naftopidil
- Naftopidil helps in relieving the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't decrease the size of the prostate.
- Naftopidil must be taken with food.
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.
- Naftopidil may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded, or weak, especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Take special precaution if you have to drive, use machines or do any activity that needs alertness.
- If your undergoing eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Naftopidil.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Naftopidil
Q. Apart from taking medicines, what should I do to manage my prostate symptoms?
Simple lifestyle changes can help you manage your prostate symptoms better. Try to urinate when you first get the urge. However, take care not to strain or push to empty your bladder. Avoid drinking fluids (especially alcohol, caffeine) a few hours before bedtime or going out. You should also avoid medicines that can worsen urinary symptoms. These include some over the counter medicines for cold and cough.