Information about Naftopidil
Naftopidil is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How naftopidil works
Naftopidil is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of naftopidil
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
Available Medicine for Naftopidil
- ₹90 to ₹119Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Naftopidil
- Fully effective within 2 weeks in most men, but some men show improvement within hours or days of starting treatment.
- Does not decrease the size of the prostate or prevent it from growing. Some men will eventually need surgery to relieve their symptoms.
- No or mild side effects even on long-term use. Low strength (asthenia), sleepiness and a slight fall in blood pressure may occur.
- Retrograde ejaculation may occur as a side effect but should disappear when treatment is stopped.
- It may affect your eye muscles; this should be harmless unless you are scheduled for a cataract surgery.