Information about Nabumetone
Nabumetone is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, muscle pain, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How nabumetone works
Nabumetone is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by suppressing the production of chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation (redness and swelling), fever and pain.
Common side effects of nabumetone
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Nabumetone
- ₹50 to ₹94Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹131Wanbury Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nabumetone
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Nabumetone can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Nabumetone
Q. Can I take Nabumetone for a headache/ toothache/back pain/ menstrual cramps/gout?
Nabumetone mainly used to treat pain, tenderness, stiffness and swelling in the joints caused due to inflammatory conditions of the joints such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
Q. Can I take nabumetone with Tylenol (paracetamol)/ aleve (naproxen)/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ oxycodone/ Vicodine (paracetamol with hydrocodone) / percocet (paracetamol with oxycodone)?
Nabumetone should not be taken with other NSAIDs and pain killers such as Tylenol (paracetamol)/ aleve (naproxen)/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ oxycodone/ Vicodine (paracetamol with hydrocodone) / percocet (paracetamol with oxycodone)as it increases the risk of severe gastrointestinal bleeding and other adverse effects. Please follow your doctor's advice
Q. Does Nabumetone contain acetaminophen?
No, Nabumetone and acetaminophen are two different medicines
Q. Does Nabumetone have aspirin in it?
No, Nabumetone does not contain aspirin
Q. Does Nabumetone make you sleepy/ drowzy?
Nabumetone may cause difficulty in sleeping or may make you feel sleepy
Q. Does Nabumetone raise blood pressure?
Yes, increase in blood pressure is a known side effect of Nabumetone
Q. Does Nabumetone cause weight gain?
Nabumetone has no known effects on weight gain.