Information about Montelukast + Theophylline
Montelukast + Theophylline Uses
Montelukast+Theophylline is used in the treatment of asthma.
How Montelukast + Theophylline works
Montelukast + Theophylline is a combination of two medicines: Montelukast and theophylline which prevent future attacks of asthma. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist which blocks the action of leukotriene, a chemical messenger. This reduces inflammation in the airways to prevent asthma and relieve symptoms of allergies. Theophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways.
Common side effects of Montelukast + Theophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Headache, Restlessness, Flu-like symptoms
Expert advice for Montelukast + Theophylline
- You have been prescribed Montelukast + Theophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma.
- It is relatively safe, with very few side effects.
- Take it at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- Do not use it to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Notify your doctor if you smoke or have an viral infection. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not stop using it without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.