Information about Mizolastine
Mizolastine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How mizolastine works
Mizolastine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of mizolastine
Available Medicine for Mizolastine
- ₹59 to ₹154Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mizolastine
- Your doctor has prescribed Mizolastine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Mizolastine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Mizolastine
Q. What is Mizolastine used for?
Mizolastine is used treat symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) and other allergic reactions causing irritation of the eyes and nose. It is also used to treat allergic rhino conjunctivitis or urticaria /hives (pale red, raised, itchy skin rash).