Information about Mitomycin
Mitomycin is used in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer and stomach cancer.
How mitomycin works
Mitomycin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of mitomycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Weight loss, Loss of appetite, Feeling of discomfort, Decreased white blood cell count, Anemia, Increased bleeding tendency, Reduced blood platelets
Available Medicine for Mitomycin
- ₹163 to ₹2620Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹430United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹175 to ₹400Naprod Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹334Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹506 to ₹2620Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mitomycin
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: kidney disease; heart disease; or asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, or other breathing disorder.
- Before you take mitomycin, inform your doctor if have /are being treated for kidney disease, bleeding disorder or blood disorder.
- Take precautions as mitomycin can lower the ability of your body to fight infections and the ability of your blood to clot. You may get an infection or bleed more easily.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any redness, sores, oozing, or other skin changes during or after your treatment with mitomycin. Skin changes can occur several weeks or months after a mitomycin injection.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as mitomycin may cause weakness and lethargy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Mitomycin
Q. Is Mitomycin a vesicant?
Yes, Mitomycin is a Vesicant
Q. Is Mitomycin radioactive/ radiosensitizer?
No, Mitomycin is not radioactive but it is a radiosensitizer
Q. Is Mitomycin an antibiotic?
Yes, Mitomycin is an antibiotic
Q. Is Mitomycin fda approved?
Yes, Mitomycin is FDA approved
Q. Is Mitomycin carcinogenic/does it cause hairloss?
Yes, Mitomycin is carcinogenic and may cause hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you notice any side effects
Q. How does Mitomycin/ Mitomycin c work?
Mitomycin works by inhibiting the growth of the cancer cell.