Information about Minocycline
Minocycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Minocycline works
Minocycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Minocycline
Headache, Dizziness, Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Itching, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Minocycline
MinozSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹245 to ₹4605 variant(s)
₹210 to ₹2642 variant(s)
₹265 to ₹24753 variant(s)
MinoloxMicro Labs Ltd
₹235 to ₹3882 variant(s)
MinonilAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹247 to ₹4193 variant(s)
CNNIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹241 to ₹4383 variant(s)
MinyumGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MinotasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹207 to ₹3152 variant(s)
MinonexIndiabulls pharmaceutical ltd
₹198 to ₹2982 variant(s)
MificGufic Bioscience Ltd
Expert advice for Minocycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Minocycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Minocycline affects you.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Minocycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.