Information about Minocycline
Minocycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Minocycline works
Minocycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Minocycline
Headache, Dizziness, Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Itching, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Minocycline
MinozSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹260 to ₹4605 variant(s)
₹231 to ₹2912 variant(s)
₹265 to ₹32943 variant(s)
MinoloxMicro Labs Ltd
₹256 to ₹4232 variant(s)
MinonilAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹270 to ₹4193 variant(s)
CNNIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹265 to ₹4383 variant(s)
MinyumGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MinotasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹225 to ₹3442 variant(s)
MinonexIndiabulls pharmaceutical ltd
₹198 to ₹2982 variant(s)
MificGufic Bioscience Ltd
Expert advice for Minocycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Minocycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Minocycline affects you.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Minocycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.