Information about Minocycline
Minocycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How minocycline works
Minocycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of minocycline
Headache, Dizziness, Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Itching, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Minocycline
- ₹209 to ₹380Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹219 to ₹2475Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹198Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹196 to ₹356Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹207 to ₹320Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹192 to ₹330Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹222 to ₹367Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹197Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198Indiabulls pharmaceutical ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Minocycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Minocycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take Minocycline with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not take calcium, antacids or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Minocycline.
- Discontinue Minocycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Minocycline
Q. Is minocycline a steroid/ a generic/ penicillin/does minocycline contains acetaminophen/contains sulfa/contains penicillin?
Minocycline is a tetracycline antibiotic. It shows steroid like properties due its anti-inflammatory action. It is not penicillin and does not contains acetaminophen, sulfa or penicillin
Q. Is minocycline used for sinus infections/UTI/ strep throat/tooth infection/ear infection/bronchitis/bladder infection/acne/tonsillitis/sinus infections?
Minocycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic and is used for a variety of bacterial infections. Always consult your doctor before taking this medicine for any indication
Q. Is minocycline bad for you/is minocycline photosensitive/does minocycline cause weight gain/ affect periods?
Minocycline is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. It can cause side effects such as sensitivity to light, weight gain
Q. Is minocycline safe for long term use/ can i take minocycline forever?
Minocycline is generally safe when taken on a long term basis especially for treatment of acne. Please consult your doctor for determination of duration for your treatment
Q. Is minocycline gluten free?
It is gluten free
Q. Is minocycline stronger than doxycycline?
Doxycycline and minocycline offer comparable efficacy in the treatment of acne. The effect of treatment differs based on the individual response. Always follow your doctor's advice for choice of treatment.