How it works
Milnacipran increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Decreased libido, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Lethargy, Dyspepsia, Increased sweating, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Fatigue, Anxiety, Chills, Diarrhoea, Vertigo, Increased blood pressure, Decreased appetite, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Constipation, Sleep disorder, Tremor
- ₹57 to ₹104Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹95Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹66Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- Take Milnacipran only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Milnacipran at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Milnacipran, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Milnacipran should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking Milnacipran as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Milnacipran, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Milnacipran may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Milnacipran causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is Milnacipran addictive?
Milnacipran does not cause addiction
Q. Is Milnacipran narcotic?
Milnacipran is not a narcotic
Q. Is Milnacipran a generic or a controlled substance?
Milnacipran is a generic and not a controlled substance
Q. Does Milnacipran cause weight loss?
Milnacipran may cause this side effect. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.