Information about Midazolam
Midazolam is used for anesthesia and conscious sedation during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
How Midazolam works
Midazolam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Midazolam
Injection site pain, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Apnea (absence of breathing), Decreased respiratory rate, Nasal discomfort
Available Medicine for Midazolam
₹450 to ₹5282 variant(s)
MidasprayIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MedzolThemis Medicare Ltd
₹30 to ₹602 variant(s)
MezolamNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹714 variant(s)
BenzosedTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹29 to ₹642 variant(s)
MidfastSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹30 to ₹572 variant(s)
InsedSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
KabizolamFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
MedistatAlteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd
₹330 to ₹6383 variant(s)
VerzolVerve Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Midazolam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.