Information about Midazolam
Midazolam is used for anesthesia and conscious sedation during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
How Midazolam works
Midazolam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Midazolam
Confusion, Depression, Memory impairment
Available Medicine for Midazolam
₹450 to ₹5282 variant(s)
MidasprayIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MedzolThemis Medicare Ltd
₹30 to ₹602 variant(s)
MezolamNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹644 variant(s)
BenzosedTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹29 to ₹642 variant(s)
MidfastSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹30 to ₹572 variant(s)
InsedSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
KabizolamFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
MedistatAlteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd
₹330 to ₹5803 variant(s)
VerzolVerve Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Midazolam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.