Information about Metoclopramide
How Metoclopramide works
Metoclopramide is a prokinetic. It works on the region in the brain that controls vomiting. It also acts on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach.
Common side effects of Metoclopramide
Sleepiness, Fatigue, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Metoclopramide
PerinormIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹5 to ₹846 variant(s)
ReglanOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹4 to ₹316 variant(s)
ReggiMenarini India Pvt Ltd
AvinormLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹3 to ₹102 variant(s)
MaxeronWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹163 variant(s)
MetocontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
DysvonSuvik Hitek Pvt Ltd
MetaclopInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Metoclopramide
- Metoclopramide helps relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Leave at least six hours between each dose, even if you vomit, to make sure that you're not taking too much.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Metoclopramide as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Do not take it for longer than 5 days without consulting your doctor.