Information about Methyltestosterone
Methyltestosterone is used in the treatment of male hypogonadism.
How methyltestosterone works
Methyltestosterone is similar to the natural male hormone testosterone.
Common side effects of methyltestosterone
Acne, Hot flashes, Injection site pain, Weight gain, Increased red blood cells, Prostate enlargement
Available Medicine for MethyltestosteroneNo medicine available
Expert advice for Methyltestosterone
- Do not use methyltestosterone, if you have enlarged prostate; breast cancer; heart disease or diseases related to blood clots; congestive heart failure.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms such as urge to vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, tired feeling, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, swelling (edema), yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice). It may indicate that you are developing severe liver problems due to methyltestosterone treatment.
- If you are a female, consult your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of masculinity such as deepening of voice or facial hair.
- Do inform your doctor about all medications (especially any blood thinner -warfarin, coumarin etc.) currently being taking before starting methyltestosterone treatment
- Use of methyltestosterone for enhancement of athletic performance (for building up of muscle mass) should be avoided due to potential risks.
- Do not take testosterone, if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Methyltestosterone
Q. Is methyltestosterone a controlled substance/ legal/ illegal?
Methyltestosterone is a controlled substance since it has potential abuse as an anabolic drug that promotes muscle growth. The use of methyltestosterone for this purpose is illegal
Q. Is methyltestosterone safe/ dangerous?
Methyltestosterone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Please discuss with your doctor all the side-effects and potential risks of methyltestosterone use
Q. What is methyltestosterone used for/ used to treat?
Methyltestosterone is used in men as a hormone replacement therapy in conditions associated with deficiency or absence of naturally produced hormone testosterone and to stimulate sexual and physical changes in young boys with delayed puberty. It may also be used in the treatment of advanced stage (cancer that has spread to different parts of the body) breast cancer in post-menopausal women (women who have experienced natural cessation of menstrual periods with age)
Q. What is methyltestosterone?
Methyltestosterone is synthetic form of naturally produced hormone testosterone.