How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to methyl salicylate or any of the ingredients of the topical cream/gel/lotion/ointment/spray.
- Do not apply methyl salicylate to open wounds, or sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or otherwise irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying methyl salicylate. If you have applied the medicine to your hands or fingers to treat pain in those areas, wait at least 30 minutes before washing your hands.
- Do not apply on eyes, mouth, nose, genitals or rectum, and avoid touching these areas after applying medication to affected area and before washing your hands.
- Do not cover treated skin with a bandage or heating pad, which can increase the burning sensation. You may cover the skin with clothing.
- Do not apply this immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Avoid getting this medication on dentures, contact lenses or any other thing that comes in contact with sensitive parts of the body.
- Consult your doctor if your pain does not improve after using this medication for 7 days, or if your symptoms get worse or get better and then come back in a few days.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is methyl salicylate the same as aspirin or menthol?
Methyl salicylate is not the same as aspirin or menthol. Methyl salicylate belongs to the same class of medication like aspirin i.e. analgesics or painkiller
Q.How does methyl salicylate work?
Methyl salicylate relieves pain by inhibiting formation of pain causing chemicals in the body
Q.Does it work as a blood thinner or kill bacteria?
It is not a blood thinner and does not kill bacteria
Q.Is methyl salicylate an active ingredient?
Methyl salicylate is one of the active ingredients of some pain relief topical cream/ gel/ lotion/ ointment/ spray
Q.Is methyl salicylate safe?
Methyl salicylate is safe when used for an indication and at a dose instructed by doctor. It has local side-effects like cold or burning sensation at the site of application.