Information about Methocarbamol
Methocarbamol is used for muscle relaxation. It relieves painful spasms of the skeletal muscles.
How methocarbamol works
Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of methocarbamol
Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Methocarbamol
- ₹29Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Methocarbamol
- Methocarbamol can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Methocarbamol, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Methocarbamol
Q. Is Methocarbamol an NSAID/Benzo/strong drug?
No, Methocarbamol does not belong to NSAID, or Benzodiazepine. It is a derivative of guaifenesin
Q. Is Methocarbamol 750 mg a narcotic/ habit forming?
No, Methocarbamol is neither a narcotic nor a habit forming drug
Q. Is Methocarbamol the same as methadone?
No, Methocarbamol is a derivative of guaifenesin while methadone is derivative of opium
Q. Can I take Methocarbamol for toothache/menstrual cramp/ headache/pain/tooth pain?
Methocarbamol is not prescribed for the treatment of toothache/menstrual cramp/ headache/pain/tooth pain
Q. Is Methocarbamol stronger than Flexeril?
No reports are available which confirm stronger activity of Methocarbamol compared with Flexeril.