Metformin + Alpha Lipoic Acid
Information about Metformin + Alpha Lipoic Acid
Metformin + alpha lipoic acid uses
Metformin+Alpha Lipoic Acid is used in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How metformin + alpha lipoic acid works
This is a combination of two medicines: Metformin and alpha lipoic acid which treat diabetic nerve disease. Metformin is a biguanide which decreases the production and absorption of sugar in your body, and allows better use of existing insulin. Alpha lipoic acid is a naturally occurring fatty acid which has a protective effect of brain and nerve tissue.
Common side effects of metformin + alpha lipoic acid
Nausea, Taste change, Loss of appetite, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Vertigo, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Metformin + Alpha Lipoic Acid
- ₹148Shield Health Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹43Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108VIVO Life Science1 variant(s)
- ₹137Icon Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹110Branko Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹88Yurekha Laboratories1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metformin + Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood glucose level while taking this medicine.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.